Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Of Myth

I don't know if God exists, but it would be better for His reputation if He didn't.
-Jules Renard (1864 - 1910)

Let me get this straight ... God, in his allmightiness, created the universe, this little planet, stars to light up the sky, earth, water, plants and animals, and he did it all in 6 days? Okay, so far I'm with you. Wait, then he created man, then woman, they ate the one thing God said they couldn't, and he got angry and kicked them out. Am I getting this right? Is this basically what happened? Okay, so God, the allmighty himself, the one who not only knows all, is everywhere all the time, but also created everything, couldn't see this one coming? Not only is the one who knows everything surprised by the fact that his apples were eaten ... but then he got pissed off and kicked Adam and Eve out of the garden? His very first attempt at making a human, and he fucked it up!

Okay, call me weird -- I know I am -- but so far I'm not impressed, and we're barely out of Genesis!

You know how when some scientist comes up with a new drug or something, they then have to test it out for months, or even years, before they can release it to the public? Ever wonder if we're that failed experiment filed away in a cosmic file cabinet somewhere? I can completely picture God hanging out at his good planet, talking about us ... "Yeah, Bill, I created Earth before I got the hang of it. You know, it's not something I'm proud of, but as everyone knows, you have to beta test before releasing any product onto the market."

1 Comments:

Blogger Larf said...

Benjammin said:
"so even if God knew they would eat the fruit and gain the knowledge of good and evil and that Jesus would of had to come to for forgiveness wouldnt it have been alot more satesfying for God to know people chose his way even though they had a choice to follow the worlds way?"

So, what you're saying is that God created the worst case scenario on purpose. He made a beautiful garden in which everything was perfect, and then he rigged a trap, and low and behold, we stepped in it. Now we're being punished for it.

Wait, did you say it would have been more satisfying for him if we chose his way? Satisfying? Are you fucking kidding me? He can create and take life, he can do anything, be anything, be anywhere, any time, and somehow that's not satisfying enough? Well, thank you for pointing out that God is just a fucking ego-maniac! That is if he actually existed, or if I actually cared.

Truth is, my backward friend, even if God did exist, I'd rather not have anything to do with a being which derives such mirth from the torture of others.

God is a kid with a magnifying glass. You, my friend, are the ant.

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home